Monday, February 26, 2007

Desire...

Look at the song of my time,
It’s worth at least a mighty dime.
Trying harder than a fusion sound of the uneven,
I look out from the frosty window for a new haven.

Oooh the bitter cold, roaring against the new and old.
The strokes of rays have been chiseled to flakes of snow.
Sleeping through my hibernation, I yearn for a new glow.
A Hungry soul I am, too much to eat, nothing to chew.

I lease my life everyday to a buyer unknown.
A step ahead than two behind I yearn, but fear holds my name.
I take a peek that turns into a fatal stare, much too bold.
It’s just a boon too dear to let go, a gift which is really an endless hole.

These desires have a name, but they’ve forgotten their song.
They hum a tune that has dried our lives, a sonnet that is long gone.
Licking my lips I play the bagpipes of betrayal with my merry men,
Unaware of the wrath I invite upon us; I dance alone, without a shadow.

12 comments:

The Munn-key. said...

loneliness is a double edged sword... it gives you a chance to discover the endless fascination that is you..and yet it can destroy what is most important--you.

We all have our calling, we all have our dark and dingy paths..jsus make sure u admire the beauty in everything and yet not be tempted like the ill fated sailors on hearing the beautiful sirens of ancient greek... (and yet the green tinge of envy boldens within me as i continue to read your work)

Bravo!!

Unknown said...

whaaaa.????

The Munn-key. said...

its the one thing thats common bout all that u write..i mean, its brilliant and all but theres this bit of solo-ness involved which u might revel in yet are dragged by it...and all you gotta know is embrace it with caution...hmmm..anyway my trip, maynot make any sense ... loved it though man.. u knock the stuffin offa me..

The Munn-key. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
shruthi said...

your stuff always makes me sad!! I guess that's what good writing does..

Brilliant!! (period)

Unknown said...

well shruhti , the way i see it .. makes me feel that there is hope .. great going guys..

Unknown said...

guess thats what good writing is.. :-)

Unknown said...

hahahaha...thanks ppl..

The Munn-key. said...

love the optimism...though i must slightly tend towards shruthi's comment on how if not sad, makes me a lil more retrospective...hmmm probably its just us..damn u suheim azhar for making me feel this way :P

Unknown said...

shruthi since u said brilliatn... m presuming its a compliment..i must say..i dono why..but thts the best compliment i've recieved..for my writing ie..thanks!!!

Unknown said...

lol!!!! now thats what i call sheer optimism..

a lot to eat but nothing to chew.. I mean wow !!!

Unknown said...

deja vu.. deja vu.. eeks..