Sunday, January 11, 2009

Blues of a different shade...

Wind ruffling my hair and in my face,
Soft smooth music flits onto my ears
Doesn't take much as my mind wanders,
Thoughts as flimsy as silky lace,

The sun peeks out,
a tongue in the expanse of it's mouth.
It's breezy, like a caressing whisper,
perfect for a hand in hand canter..

Half closed eyes, dim the lights but take in the sights.
hands by my side, empty and morose; solitary kites..
the nerves are numbed and not an intoxicant around,
lolling along like a loose bolt on shaky ground..

I wonder where we're going, unsure and suddenly uncaring
I did not want this to stop, like many other things in my being
Alas, the fat lady did sing and down came the house of cards
Am I as selfish as one can be or is it just a matter of lonesome hearts..

I wonder how important a name is
Some say we can work around this
Others say, 'what's in a name?'
Apparently, a whole shit lot that can maim.

I miss my rainbow with colors so bright and different hue..
There's so much color outside, yet all i see are shades of grey
I shiver, not from the cold but from the absence of the warmth
The memories I conjure in a bid to keep me warm and poised.

Distance, the eternal enemy...
Should we fight and hold on or give up and let go..
Funny how Love tends to be cruel and heartless..
Let's sing, dance and be the plastic bag on a windy day...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Sigh. I wanna be like the white bag among the autumn leaves, spiraling, floating, dancing with the wind.

The Munn-key. said...

One of the best-est feelings..ever

Sue, 'member those days? =)

Unknown said...

He's stopped visiting us in cyber space. Lucky you guys live together.

I wanna fly, btw.

michelle said...

umm.. this time you left me speechless.

michelle said...

I got a 'counter argument' for you

The Munn-key. said...

@J: Yes, for some weird reason, he seems to abstain from this spot. I miss him.

@M: Speechless.? I hope in a good way :P