Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tribute - to the one who taught me my first cuss word and shaped my heart.

mama, gimme one last kiss tonight,
your baby boy is growing up, dead right..
Hey mama, come dance one dance with me,
hold me tight and lets twirl like it was meant to be..

mama, remember those nights of hot cocoa,
ha ha's with sniffles and food fights galore,
Hey mama, smile that smile and light that glint,
you lit the fire and you replaced the flint...

I went away, to search for my light..
I found anchors and myself, up for a fight,
I found a unicorn, to lose it and not want it any more
I found an angel who, is precious and is my rainbow..

Ma, you warned me of the bad and the ugly,
but you forgot the devils within, surely..
I found my mud throwers, and i got dirty, what luck.
they slung, and i slung and we laughed in the muck.

I may not knock as much, I may not dial so much
We may not complete ones thoughts as such.
but we share the same fire albeit for different races,
Just smile and wave ma, i'll take care of the bases..

To the giant who danced with the devil in blue shorts and lives to tell the tale with a smile...
... so far :)

Much love.

3 comments:

michelle said...

This is BEAUTIFUL !!!! makes me miss my mom too :)

Unknown said...

Write it where she can read it.

Capisce?


P.S. - That is all I am going to say.

The Munn-key. said...

@Miz: yea.. me too. I just hope I don make her kill me once i move in. :)

@Rich: Perhaps I should :) ... she always did like my writing, though she might freak out on some verses :P