Sunday, January 25, 2009

Till we meet again...

Last Night, I bade Goodbye to a friend, a close friend.

I shall remember the last few moments, sitting in the backseat of our car parked in front of hers, after one last trip together to a place I had called home for close to 7 yrs. We had laughed, we had eaten, we had tipped our mugs and we had avoided the fateful subject.

Ironic how the last song we heard together (for now) would be 'American Pie' by Don McLean; As we held hands for reassurance and sang along, I could not help but reminisce the time spent together.. the highs, the lows and the valleys.

As the song faded and we hugged, passing an unspoken word for the pleasure, gratitude and joy of moments, emotions.. a life shared together came the haunting tune of 'Save Tonight'....

Good bye 'My Anchor', I'll see you soon....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I wanted to say something here.

I've forgotten what.


:(


I still don't feel it, it still hasn't hit. And to think there's still that one to go.

Beeeeg hug Mud.

sozzled n pickled tis the soul said...

hey....just saw ure comment on my blog right now....hvnt checked in a while...thanks :) it was really nice
@ ure post - i've had many goodbye's - some more painful than the other but all hearbreaking nonetheless - it will pass and trust me when its someone that close - you never feel the distance....hope u feel better

The Munn-key. said...

@ Jigs: It's good in a way that it hasn't hit yet. :)

Keep that chin up. *hooog*

@ S&P: Perhaps.. perhaps not. :) Somethings can never be spoken about but felt time and time again for us to realize the importance of such relationships.

Unknown said...

Still waiting for the blow...

On a different note, it's a lovely feeling when you know that some things don't change because of a mere increase in the number of miles.

I love genetics :P