Tuesday, December 30, 2008

City of Blinding Lights.. (again, apologies to U2)

A trip awaited,
one that promised little;
and threatened so much.

A city breathed,
with a million breaths;
and a million wandering souls.

Could it accomodate one more?
I hoped so, I prayed so..
I believed so.

My Rocks promised to anchor me,
I doubted them never.
The Voice called out and i had not a doubt.

300, a boy and his tiger,
sunshine, an elephant with a heart and a night flower..
these were my saviours, and i hoped ours too.

It started with night before day,
fire on a stick and a story for the movies.
It was time to fly and there was not much to do..

santa's hat, a hole on my nose.
a guitar and an anchor i set forth.
Looking for salvation, torture, closure, hope.. i knew not.

Day came and not without it's sunshine and rain..
I spotted my rainbow and i saw the dark clouds..
I leaned on my rocks like never before, then.

countless grains of sand passed within the many hour-glass,
comfort was sought from either ends and glances were received.
fragile souls were patched, delicate emotions were bubble-wrapped...

distractions were sought with fervour and just as easily dispatched.
day came again and the clouds had lightened.
I guess the rainbow was too beautiful to be over-shadowed by anything.

Walks in side streets, 'save tonight' on the jukebox..
hands everywhere but in ours, thoughts nowhere but on us.
frozen moments in the loo, laughter with urchins.

now, the rainbow glowed, the sun shone and the world smiled,
everything was bright and glowed like a fairy's sparkle.
who said, 'Nothing is perfect?' I know them not, I feel it now in a barbie shop.

the sun is beginning to set and eyes are averted
cabs are sought, for bodies or for tears.. who knows
lips meet one last time, i hope not..

I needed to believe in something,
I thought I believed in someone,
I ended up believing in us...

2 comments:

michelle said...

I can put 60 mins in 3 pages, you can put 3 days in half a page. Its amazing :D. You mentioned each and every small moment. You hate this but i cant help it ... its wonderful as usual :D

The Munn-key. said...

Ying and Yang.. :P

* hush *