Friday, December 19, 2008

December Sky

As I sit watching the December sky, I feel nostalgic.
The sky knows me and I know it.
Somewhere both of us are up against the test of time.
We’re old timers here.
Waiting for a shining light to fill us every morning.
But December is cruel with reminiscence.

Last winter I learnt how to kiss the sky,
After seducing it for years.
Now, we only look at each other and smile,
Like much before.
On my wheels, I broke the wind,
My wheels are broken now. The rims, actually.

The horse pranced, so did the rider.
It’s the horse alone this time.
A beautiful dream walked in the cold then.
A beautiful bride walked out into the open now.
A stuttering desperado had found his trac.
Standing tall, a hero goes out to find a dream now.

A flying bird had run into a twin tower.
An Athena came dancing now.
The tower couldn’t house the bird.
Maybe another place, another time.
The dance was a mere distraction.
Confused was it, as it lived the delusion.
And then the seventh day came, the plane landed.

Long Curls in a tall frame, walked out nervously.
Do I play my part or choose the heart?
But a blood brother broke the heart.
The same one, who walked beside, when I stumbled yesterday.
A friend walked away into a spiritual journey,
The world is round. We’ll meet again, he said as he parted away.

Now the stars and I look at each other again.
Neither is speaking, as the other one already knows.
The cold is getting colder now.
A long journey waits.
I’ll look at you from somewhere else, the same me, the same you.
As I sit watching the December sky, I feel nostalgic.


8 comments:

The Munn-key. said...

=) Love all the references, and the hidden meanings. (even if I needed help in catching some).

Unknown said...

Hmm.. some I catch, some I don't.

But... *sigh*

Anonymous said...

which u dont catch..? i tell.. and why sigh..?

shruthi said...

I didn't quite catch the references, nonetheless love the start of this piece.. especially these two lines..

"Waiting for a shining light to fill us every morning.
But December is cruel with reminiscence."

Anonymous said...

danke sru..! i will tell u what its about in person..!

Unknown said...

I shall ask in person.

And December has me nostalgic too.. for various reasons.

And the sigh for the prettiness of it all.

Anonymous said...

:) we discuss in detail in person..!

Unknown said...

Of course we will!!