Wednesday, November 5, 2008

dreams that rock..on and on!

Zan told me to watch it..he said its really neat..some others said its good. I chose to go with zan. But I somehow managed to miss the movie at the theatre. I came from work the other day and had nothing much to do. And the door bell rang. It was the CD dude with some cd’s. For a change, he said he din have English movies. So? He had ‘Rock On’. He said the print was good. I would’ve taken it otherwise too. Well, I have this habit of going on and on about things that catch my eye. Rock On caught both. Why? Let’s see how best I can answer that on this editor.

I heard Mudi tell Raul a few days back, ‘Live the dream’. In context to something that’s just a thought today. Ironically, the movie pretty much sums this thought. Literally. A dream is just a thought before you give it wings. And let it fly. Freely. Is it never too late to realize a dream or is it just an exciting script for celluloid? I guess I may not be able to answer the question. But I believe in the answer.

There a 2 sides to a coin. Why, there is 2 sides to us. Front and back. Why should an opinion be any different? It can ignite a candle or burn down a house. Here (read: in the movie) it did both. Burnt a friendship. Scarred it for life, they thought. It could’ve. But all it takes is one from the crowd to believe. And believe until life depends on it. Sometimes all it takes is to make an attempt. To believe you can make an attempt. An attempt to turn to a previous page. A page that held beautiful memories. And some heartfelt stories. Like Rob does(in the movie). It hurts when today’s dream shatters. It kills when a life lasting dream breaks. Live it. For a day. For an hour. But live it. Basically, the movie is our story, yours and mine.

We all have a past of younger days, of younger lives and of younger thoughts. Do our thoughts grow older? Or do they mature? Or do we not know the difference and not talk about it to ourselves? Aditya chose to do it. His life seemed complete 10 years after he parted ways with his friends. Seemed complete. But life and a buried dream never departed his existence. He was lucky. Life does not give everyone a second chance. But sometimes you have to create it.

Today I may not need Aditya, Joe, Rob and KD to tell me to live a dream. But we’re all subsets of these guys. To live a dream and to pursue it are two separate tangents (rich, I hope the usage is right!). They lived a dream and then buried it only to pursue it when it mattered the most. In hindsight, its easy to realize this from the movie. Is it easy to realize this in our lives? Perhaps not. No surprise that a million dreams are broken everyday.

Rock On’s a good watch, if you fail to see the matter and understand the subject. Life takes many deviations. None of them’s a U-turn. We have one shot at glory. The path to get there may not be the one we want to tread upon today. But the vision needs to be planted at the destination. Coz just like the movie, life has to end. At a point, where you can look back and see your footprints on the sands of time. Crooked. But they started somewhere. They have ended where you stand today. You make a choice where you want to stand. And run to get there.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

To live a dream and to pursue it are two separate tangents

"at tangents" :D

And only because you asked.


I'm glad you've got the gumption to pursue your dream. And mind you, when you're back, you better remember the oven I want.

Anonymous said...

its your kitchen rich..! :)

The Munn-key. said...

touche...

Unknown said...

My kitchen *gasps*

Yay!

*does a twirl and flounces away*

The Munn-key. said...

I love the OST.. it reminds me of all the relationships in my life that were and could have been..