Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Stranger

I close the door and I note,
It is him; a person I think I know.
Know him well or know him not
A debate, I’m not sure I’m up for

He looks right into my eyes,
And away the moment I shy away
Familiar is this moment, a certain déjà vu
And unknown is that face, I surmise

There are lines under his eyes
And a devilish glint in them..
Flaws a plenty on the outskirts
Yet they all fall in place.

The music continues unaware
The party finds no reason to pause
The happenings continue to play
Four witnesses to a skit played often enough; these walls

I start a man-made waterfall
Baptizing myself in this water
Holy it is not, Heavenly I now feel
The old wilts and the new peeks

I hear my name being called
The voice is one I want to hear often
It calls me and I want out
I want to prance, dance, jump to it.

I look up and he is there looking
Looking back at me like he never left
My lips stretch making way for teeth
The skin feels taut and bumps begin to form

I can feel it course through my veins
I can feel it slow my heart to a murmur
I can feel it make my eyes glaze over
I can feel it make my hands go numb

The smile has made way to a laugh
And I find myself laughing with this person
He is not any stranger; he is MY stranger
He is I and I am him.

I baptize myself again
Ready to go another round
I am complete and yet alone
I am happy and I am afraid

I decide to go back out to the voice
I decide I will not bid adieu to him
I decide I will come back, sometime later
I know I will enjoy this night

If you do happen to see him
Tell him “I’m sorry”
Tell him, “I had to go see about a girl”
He’ll understand for he is I.

I would like to thank the people who have been a part of my life and have stuck by me through the hils and the valleys. I'd like to thank the 'voice' who reminded me how much fun it is to let go. I'd like to thank the guardians who watch my back and who take the mickey out of me at the slightest notice. I would like to thank the 'stranger' that is my mother's son for the hope. I thank them all for they already know all of the above without me even having to mention it.
~much love

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Salaam!

The Munn-key. said...

:)

How-dee-doo ? Been a while eh?

Unknown said...

Been a long while. I was trying various other methods of communication with a certain other individual and if you ask Suz, you will know how futile it was.

I read the rant. :P

The Munn-key. said...

Aaah yes, sometimes the best of efforts fall short. I wish you all the best in whatever path you choose on this front.

I wish i had more to say on the rant, butI guess I'm quite comfortable with whats been said :P

P.S. Very pleasing to note your presence.

Unknown said...

Hmm...