Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Not so random musings..?

The CEO of the company I work in maintains a blog on the company intranet and the best part of it being, he doesn fill it with mumbo-jumbo; rather a concept/idea/musing that 'hits' him once a week (the frequency amazes me!) which he incorporates with life and business to make a valid point.

Normally, this kind of behaviour would draw guffaws from my end and snorting of the disdainful kind as I would mutter how snotty and pompous certain people upon reaching a level can get (despite the fact that the're reaching this level gives 'em all the right to). But not this time, well, there were the usual initial rumblings but it hasnt exploded and it's been 3 months since i've been following it. Very surprised.

The appearance of being snobbish and presumptious or a 'prick' is a feeling I'm quite acquainted with ..why? simply coz I AM one. I can just imagine the number of people who may have gagged on hearing my wise-cracks, my msgs.. my co-authored blog, even! I dont blame them one bit and sometimes I take sadistic pleasure out of it as well; I wonder if this was the reason why i had very few friends.

So, this got me thinking.. am I destined for greatness..? I mean I've got the attitude down pat. All I need is now to make it big; A life-long experience in being a top-notch manage - I've gotten almost all my work done by others without anybody revolting..too often; if that isn't people management or delegation. I don't know what is; I have the self-centred air smothering everyone around me; I have very expensive likes...

Rain down the confetti, roll out the benz.. here I come..!

* ....... *

hmm... I wish I was a best-selling writer instead.

Bleh!

5 comments:

shruthi said...

Being in a bigger company than I'm used to has made me think a bit about what's next for me! I think I have zero skills for being a "boss"..

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced its just about having the "I'm a boss" attitude. You got to be full of it and also drowning in it..

You'll get there Su!(My pompous, self righteous, snobbish, presumptious friend). :P

The Munn-key. said...

WElcome back Shruths..! This blog hasn't been the same without your presence.

I guess it does and I love the adjectives, just one small glitch. I think you got a slight bit of the mistaken identity going. :P

No Doubt Su is all that and more though. :) lol

shruthi said...

Oh! shiiites! I'm feeling silly..

The Munn-key. said...

Ha Ha Ha.. Don't. You're still right. :)

swem said...

yes..you all are right..! i had to jump in.. :P