Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sweet Champagne and Humble Pies..

Today...

was the culmination of 2 major sporting events. One could not have come soon enough and the other came far too quickly even if it ended favourably.

I will NOT miss the IPL - It was alright, but give me Test Cricket anyday (unless the're playing on a spineless Batting Track where even the legendary Courtney Walsh could have scored a century).

I will DEFINITELY miss the BPL though. And even though my Club of close to 15 yrs won the Title; another 'heart-string puller' reached a new low - by getting relegated a division. I will shed a tear and more, likely in the confines of my own company.

As the lap of honours were taken some with tears of joy and others with tears of despair; It reminds me of how often Football resembles real life. One man's gain is always another man's loss and vice-versa - Not being philosophical, far from it. More along the lines of retrospection.

I wonder how many people may have gained or lost thanks to I and vice-versa.

tit for tat ..anyone?

7 comments:

swem said...

you scum! this is your guilt that's making you write stuff like this!! you know that you've made enough cheap gains at the cost of my humongous losses!! its about time you came clean!! :P

ok, now that my irritating-need-to -annoy-by-passing-cheap-comments habit has been fulfilled, ya you're right..sports is such an amazing real life movie, it signifies our very existence, in every respect. Ironic i guess, that we often tend to use the phrase, 'you win some, you lose some' Life, for some reason emulates sport in every way and is all about winning and losing. Everyone is participating, its kinda by default! I wonder if its sad or face-it-or-fuck-off kinda situation that someone HAS to lose for someone else to win! Contradictorily,sports also talks about the art of winning in your loss as well..so ya, one of the best things we have, as an entertainer and a live demo of life, sports!

The Munn-key. said...

Awww.. Just say you miss me tons. :) I miss you too Suzie Q.!

(I'm quite surprised you actually admitted to your annoying habit; you must be really missing me. :P)

But all in all; you have summed up exactly what I was thinking. :)

A lil scary innit..?

swem said...

don gimme that awww crap..i dont miss u n shit.. i work out man!! :P

n i KNOW that you miss me..such a shame u dont bother to call..i'm sure this is not the case with that michelle girl!! :P

and hows it scary? havent we established the obvious time n time again in the past??

The Munn-key. said...

Ha Ha Ha.. someone in need of a lil attention now eh?

You jealous of a certain someone now.? Don't worry she's not taking your place. :P :D

I know we have established the obvious in both perspectives but its still scary nonetheless.

swem said...

hah! NOONE can take my place..your place, yes..! you're just the next thing around..! :P but me, NAAAAAAH!!! but you seem to be making an attempt to let the gomes girl take my place!! it aint happnin bro..its your loss! :P

n i don believe it tht this stuff still scares you..!

The Munn-key. said...

Of course..! My heart has a corner nay, a whole block dedicated to you - with a big flag that says "Suzie Q's property - trespassers will be prosecuted" LOL :P

I can't help it now, you're the brave one; it scares me..!

swem said...

this is how u've fooled me n many others like me..with bookish flattery..not to forget, using fancy english, as usual!! che! all the lies n the deceit..! burn in hell dawgg! :P