Saturday, June 13, 2009

Rock-a-bye, My Baby Blue..

I see a field which was once a strawberry field..
I note a river-bank that was once flowing laughter..
I am here and for once I wish I wasn't.
Fancy suits are preludes to the beggar within.

The Sun is bright and the rain is pouring,
I try to smile through it all.
Remnants of a time not far gone.
Picture perfect and a contrast to be proud of.

Not one bit to be forgotten or not noticed.
It sparkles with magic like our bed-time tales.
I can hear the hum of music..
straining itself against the fabric of time.

Prickly eyes inturn cause them to cease
'A Mirage'.. I sigh.
The features have been replaced by laugh lines and crows feet
Reminders of a time before time.

"We were here" - says the engraving on the ruin
Dust has settled but the font is clear.
Maybe there is hope for us..
It hasn't stopped raining nor has it stopped shining.

I dont need anything more now.
I just want what I had.
'needs' and 'wants'; my two biggest enemies.
my two biggest saviours.

I see the tracks of my merry-mad gypsy troupe;
We promised we'd cross to trade war-stories.
We promised we'd live it to the brim and then over-flow.
Not far to go..

It's time to keep walking;
I should make as much distance as I can...
as long as the sun is shining and the rain is pouring..
For my rainbow smiles down on me.
---Fin---

But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams...
----- W.B. Yeats.

4 comments:

swem said...

very beautiful man..very! i think u struck THE chord with this one..! and as a member of your merry-mad gypsy troupe, i just hope the clouds give way to THE sunshine, though it is shining even now!

shruthi said...

This one's great mudi man!

shruthi said...

btw.. "swem in the mud" reads differently to me suddenly.. and I'm like hmmmmm..!?

The Munn-key. said...

@Sue: :) Aye m'man. Things do have a tendency to shine when least expected and rain when least expected. but we have the search for the elusive silver lining going ..as always. :)

@shruts: thanks love. :)Should I be worried that it sounds different..? :P