Saturday, February 21, 2009

Black Coffee and Red Wine...

Fear not, my lil bee..
if the flowers are late to bloom this year.
Fear not, my spring blossom..
if spring is a little delayed this time 'round.

It might be that much bit colder,
but the thoughts are warm as ember;
the future is still ours to make,
nothing else will matter as we have our cake.

We've searched high, We've searched low;
I searched in between, you searched around;
You looked for an inspiration, I looked for a muse.
Yes, We looked below and We looked above.

A word, a saying, a phrase, I pondered.
something that will stand the test of time,
one that we could reflect back and smile in wonder.
The 'piece de resistance' of my life.

A while it has been for the snow to thaw,
morning suns have come and evening suns have gone
to realize the 'piece de resistance' is but us
it took it's time but the mist is clear and autumn has set.

Clouds in the coffee and loopy butterfly swirls
Smoky wine filled with sneaky pecks
paper balls at unsuspecting head bangers
starry skies and a distinct voice over

Ah! we will have the valleys and we will have the hills
I dont mind either as long as I have you.
This is not mush nor is it sappy.
This is THAT very blue berry cheese cake.

So twirl that twirl and flounce with a skip
Smile that flashing smile with a hint of mystery.
The path is slippery but our balance is good
I will see you beyond the lake with tiny rose buds

forever and ever...

"I'll do my dreaming with my eyes wide open, and I'll do my looking back with my eyes closed"
- Arata, Tony.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

** is on cloud number 983724982739432498732947239759327532750285847357438574857485974 right now .. still flying higher

The Munn-key. said...

:)

Unknown said...

Keep flying.

It hurts to fall, hence don't! :)