Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Ramblings of a certain addicted Couch-Potato...

41 days; 6 fractured bones, 1 fractured tooth, 3 chipped teeth, 10 staples in the head, injuries to the lungs and other numerous cuts, scrapes and bruises supplemented with countless hours of mindless telly watching, munching and other inanities later I find myself counting the days till i get back to my tribe and my grazing grounds albeit however short the 'home-coming' might last...

In these days of relative solitude, and overbearing 'support' from my ever loving parents; things tend to get a little too cluastrophobic and yet I tend to ramble. This is my gift from the desert beyond - my ramblings, my cantering thoughts, me, myself & idum..

Moving along, I hate this completely obnoxious barrage of news channels; I'm sure by now everybody has heard of the party bust in Bombay which resulted in the arrest of 230 odd kids with drug related offence. What I find especially distasteful is the manner in which these C-grade journalists go about projecting it like a typical B-grade hindi movie; One channel even ripped off certain scenes from this movie - 'Page 3' and not wanting to even tread over the terribly amatureish voice over; How Lame and truly offensive..! Whatever happened to actual journalism and it bothers me that unlike other kids who wanted to get in the army or become a fireman/policeman; I wanted to be a journalist... such a shame. (Didn't help that my mum was watching it and is completely horrified at where 'our' youth is heading to).

I love music. I love Manchester United. I love my mates. Period.

I do not like rules. I do not like Authority. I do not like politicans.

I also noticed this fascination certain people have for songs, books, soaps and movies that have a sad, meloncholic and lonesome feel to it.. ironic, since they derive joy or comfort from it. I for one am one of these people and in my time have come across certain people who do too, and not all of us are lonely, depressed, loony or any of that sort. We are, well most of us are pretty normal (depending on your definition of normal).

Is it just me or is the only reason to watch any rap/hip-hop video; to ogle at the various incredibly hot women on screen. I mean, since when did the powers that be decide that MUSIC alone was just not enough?!?!

Just the other day, i was watching this show 'According to Jim' which arguably was the funniest episode I had seen in a long time. This particular episode had Jim and his Brother in law - Andy go on a drunken bachlorette party for Andy's sister - Dana (which would be Jim's sister in law; stay with me you slower ones - I have a point here) and what's more their drunken antics were not only quite realistic but also pretty darn funny; infact it was easily their funniest episode - the drunken binges; the appearance of various receipts - and the subsequent re-enactment; loud crappy 'singing'; 'dancing' anywhere n everywhere; statements you cannot live without uttering every other minute et al (All you trippers, know where I'm heading with this; the rest of you.. well life isn't fair, deal with it). The point here is that ...*waaaait for it*..... drunken people are frikkin hilarious!! (well 7 out of 10 are. the other 3 consist of the violent, black-out and miscellaneous and not in any order).

I completely agree that there's nothing in this world thats better at lifting spirits than shopping for onesels; be it a momentory crisis, a failing relationship or yet another argument with your loved ones. The feeling of owning something new is just awesome and so very uplifting. Such a shame that this feeling needs to be constantly fed but what the hell, we need all the help we can get.

I think I'm losing hair. Yikes!
Technology scares me.
I wish I had a Dog; I could do with some company right about now.

Time to take a shower....

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Can I ask you a question?


Are you as pink as Sue? Can I tap your teeth too?

How are the ribs?

The Munn-key. said...

well, since the first wasn't really a question lets get down to the rest.. :P

Pink as Sue? Heavens No!! Sue is the pink-est of us all. Though I like to think i am colorful in my own way (Black sheep notwithstanding).

Go ahead tap all you want, do lemme know if it was worth it.

Ribs... Medium rare; just the way I like 'em :)

I like these Q&A sessions -- feels like a purpose.

Unknown said...

Hee!! Sue is definitely pink, and he'll probably wanna kill me now.

Your teeth ain't gonna fall out like an old man' when I tap them I guess. I wanted Sue to show me the false ones, as false as they get.

Medium rare? How do you manage?

Did the lungs give you much trouble? Or is the only trouble because of the lack of carcinogenic sticks?

The Munn-key. said...

On the contrare, I think he gets off with the constant references to Mr. Pink.

You think false teeth are bad, you should see his face post the op. - He looks exactly the same - EGAD! He's definitely gonna want to kill ME now!

I manage all right, after all not much of a choice do I have.

The lung's doing better now, and the carc-watchamacallit sticks are back pumping in the necessary nicotine dose.. So life goes on. :)

Unknown said...

I saw his face, both pre and post op. I have to see it every single day. Imagine that. *rolls eyes*

And yeah, he looks the same. Just pinker :P

Gets off on it eh? I should start calling him green then, or yellow maybe.

Are you back to work too, lapping up the female sympathy while it lasts?

Pumping nicotine... *sigh*

Anonymous said...

mudi, u wanna learn how to lap some female sympathy? :P

Unknown said...

@Sue - I'm quite sure he needs to... seeing as I presented a perfectly good opportunity and he squandered it away like it was nothing!

@Idum - The offer still stands, wanna learn ?

The Munn-key. said...

@Jigs: Unfortunately, I do not have a female contingent at work whose female sympathy would make any difference. If only geeks were pretty as well.. *sigh*

However, lessons would be much sought after and highly appreciated.

@Susie: (I like this name better :P) You have always been one of the many charmers in the family - makes me wonder if I was switched when I was just a new born babe. hmmmm

Unknown said...

Dollops of charm indeed. That's one thing I'll agree to without any sarcasm :)

But Susie????

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

*choke.. gasp*

You guys must be real good friends, or you, Mr. I-dum, would be back in a hospital bed with more fractures than last time !!

The Munn-key. said...

*break my ribs* .. ha ha Susie has threatened me with much much more dire consequences for my insolence. :)

There's also a nasty lil story doin' the rounds on the grape-vine that this 'accident'wasn't just an accident but an attempt to take me out of commission. But you didn't hear it from me. :P :)

(Go on sue, tell em like it is...)

Unknown said...

Take you out of commission. Why now, Susie has not a harsh though in his entire body.

He's a total softie!!

No, Sue?

The Munn-key. said...

But of course. She, erm... He is by far the softest and the sweetest of 'em all.. :)

I wonder where Sue is..

*glances over his shoulder in slight apprehension..*

Anonymous said...

hahahaha..u present anough oppurtunities to kill u..! there's no need to try.. ;) and i'm not the sweetest..! i just do a good job at pretence..! :P

Unknown said...

Now, now.

I think you're the sweetest Sue. How else would I explain my unfailing dosti?

That too given the environment we face every single day... *gags*

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Munn-key. said...

Lol..