Friday, November 23, 2007

Twilight Meanderings

Keeping up the trend of not very thought-provoking works; Here comes another simple monologue striving to be a dialogue, much like many things in my life...

Hey God, Can I tell you all my worries and all my chinks?
Will you lend me o' ear, so I can tell you my tale or should I save it for the shrinks...
Hey God, Do you really pull all the strings?
Or are we just victims of our very own designs...

An Obsession that caught everyone’s fancy;
Far too much traffic in the heart, way too much pollution in the streams...
Pull on the covers, dull the senses, set your mind free;
My body is my canvas; let me paint it with the colors of my life...

Hey God! Do you feel Love and Despair?
Lost love and young adventure...
Hey God! Were you ever one of us?
Just a bum in search of his morning bus...

They slept through the fire I started,
But it is I who burned and burn alone I shall...
He smiled in a distant apparition and there she stood,
Afraid to reach out for we might find what we never lost...

Hey God! Was it ever hard for you to let go and cry unabashed?
Not a tear for your fear, nor a lump for your wants...
Hey God! Has Peace ever eluded you?
Under the bridge, over the boulder yet not a single glimpse...

The Unicorn of my life prances yonder,
I don't have a bait nor do I have a saddle...
A wound we all cradle deep within,
A balm we all repel, for pain is what we hold dear....

Hey God! Why’d you have to shut your eyes?
The world got just that bit colder...
Hey God! Please don't wait up;
I don't think anyone's comin' home tonight...

The Music has stopped and spring has taken a miss,
Questions arise, Answers leave for vacations...
winter’s here but Santa isn't,
summer has arrived with a frozen sun and an icy heart...

Hey God! Have you ever been found?
Shied away from the promos but in line for the red carpet...
Hey God! How do you deal with being taken for granted?
Do you just smile or do you take a hike for sense to prevail...

A hope though is what plucks the strings,
Twisting and swaying like a nimble daisy on a dancing day...
Blinking away the cobwebs and loosen the dead weights,
For what lies around the corner makes us walk the slush....

Hey God! Do you love Dylan and the Stones?
Not long after, the heavens opened; I think that was a yes....

4 comments:

shruthi said...

super stuff mudi!!

The Munn-key. said...

Thank you :)

Unknown said...

There was once a boy who had to walk an alley which was closest to his house from school compared to the other routes. One day while walking back he found a snake lying on the ground. He was terrified and wanted to get home soon, but he was scared to pass that way. He stood in frustration and fear pondering over what is to be done. He thought , what if I passed by and the snake bit me my life would be lost for ever and that he would never get to go home. He waited on and on complained to himself and God. Then he thought the only way out was to act, he took a stone and tried to shoo it away and it did not move at all. This gave him strength, then he thought is the snake dead, his fear turned to compassion. He took hesitant steps forward toward the snake, as he came closer and closer, the breathed a big sigh of relief and felt stronger than ever, just to realize that it was a rope. He patted himself not for being brave but for just taking the first nervous step!

The Munn-key. said...

@P: I'm not sure if you'll ever wander by this page again, but that's what the last 2 stanzas are about - About hope and the renewed belief that all is not bleak and there is a light. =)

Miss you Brother and I hope you have found your rainbow!!