Thursday, October 1, 2009

19:18

Black Crows are circling over my head.
The gypsies playin' her guitar all along.
From Sundown to Sunrise...
It's her smile, I search for.

The Thunder has begun,
The storm is gonna come..
There's a Shadow.
and here's a switch.

I have the 'X' marking the spot.
The ship is ready to sail.
The Sails are tattered though
and the rudder is out...

I can hear her sing..
Last time out it was a siren.
This time, I cannot afford to be wrong.
Eyes never lie and that is my belief.

The gypsy continues her haunting tune.
The moon rises, a bad moon rising.
But the stars are twinkling too.
Starry skies have always been kind to me.

Raise the anchor.
Turn off the switch.
No more shadows.
Just me and the darkness.

The darkness had scared me as a child. I had beaten it in my late teens and then I met those that brought light and the shadows. Their absence has left the lingering light still but brought out the shadows, those despairing shadows. Only now, I am not so afraid as I am lost.

2 comments:

jackson said...

What have we here, laddie? Mysterious scribblings? A secret code? No! Poems, no less! Poems, everybody!
[class laughs]
The laddie reckons himself a poet!

blogrolled.. :-)

The Munn-key. said...

=)

Duly acknowledged..